Osceola Chamber of Commerce/Main Street
The Osceola Main Street Program/Chamber of Commerce is a member organization that brings together businesses, civic groups and individuals to work on projects that benefit the entire community. We have supported and promoted business and industry for more than 20 years. Membership includes local and area retailers, service professionals, industry and concerned citizens. The organization is guided by an 11 member Board of Directors and daily operations are managed by an Executive Director.
The MainSt/Chamber was formed by combining two seperate organizations: the Osceola Main Street Program and the Chamber of Commerce.
The Chamber of Commerce began in 1956 as the Osceola Civic and Community Organization. It later changed its name to the Osceola Business Association, Inc. In 1998, the group became known as the Osceola Chamber of Commerce.
The MainStreet Program was created nationally in 1977 by the National Trust for Historic Preservation and established in Wisconsin in 1987. Osceola became a MainStreet Community in 1997. The purpose of the Wisconsin MainStreet Program is to encourage and support the revitalization of downtowns in Wisconsin through historic preservation.
The MainStreet Program advocates restoration of the historic character of downtown while pursuing traditional development strategies such as marketing, business recruitment and retention, real estate development, market analysis and public improvements. These elements are part of a four-point approach: Organization, Promotions, Design, and Economic Revitalization.
The MainSt/Chamber strives to unite area industry, retail and service businesses to create a friendly, prosperous, progressive community.